Friday, May 19, 2023

the move

I am reading a book now on Catholic homesteading. It is interesting that the first part of the book justifies or gives reasons for moving back to the land. It brings me back to our own move.

I remember our path to our homestead (all 1.93 acres of it) and all the research we did. At the end of the day, I was convinced that for us (our particular family), this was the best way to live, the best way to become close to God, the best way to raise our particular children. I felt if we didn't make the move when given the opportunity it would go against what I knew was right - it would going against my conscience.

Oremus pro invicem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What book is that? Can you recommend it and any other similar books?

Charlie said...

“A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them; then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor — such is my idea of happiness.”--LEO TOLSTOY

Jim Curley said...

Anonymous: I am reading a pre-publication copy. When it publishes I will make note of it here.

Charlie: I have been enjoying your recent entries. And I love this quote. Thanks.