Thursday, July 18, 2024

My favorite thing

I like taking down trees and splitting wood with an axe. It is just one of my favorite things to do. I just can't explain it.

Being behind in putting together the wood we need for next winter, we have been taking trees down, couple a week, for a couple weeks now. Usually it is just Greg and I; recently Lori has been out there helping too. (It lets me show off for my love.) This morning I didn't hit the fall mark for the tree, but it was not a problem. 

Lori took some pictures; in the first (on the left), you can tell it is falling if you look at the notch, as the notch has closed. 

These trees are long overdue to come down as they are choking the Cedar trees which line the property. But it is convenient now as we can do our lumberjacking close to home.

I think we now have enough wood for the winter stacked up, but we not done clearing the edge of the property of unwanted trees and shrubs. I have a month left before I head back to school, so we trying to make the most of it.




We have been now getting a sort of regular rain/thunderstorms, so the garden is continuing to produce. This is probably the best crop of Roma tomatoes we have ever had. The green beans have been a disappointment, but I planted some in the best ground we have after we harvested the sweet corn out of it, so we still have a chance.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: