Monday, December 19, 2022

It has been a great time

It has been a great time these past few days. Most of my children are home - either for college break - or just to stop in and wish me well before surgery. 

I am hoping I can see my granddaughters today. I am sure they won't let them up on the cardiac floor, but I have plans to sneak down to the lobby and see them. (I have been experimenting with my heart monitor to see how long it takes for them to respond if I disconnect it or go out of range.)

There has been so much fun and laughter in the hospital room I was sure they would kick out us out (all but me!). But the nurse told us the rooms were pretty sound proof, so have at it.

My pastor sent a priest by yesterday. I received the sacraments. He asked if this would be a "watershed" moment for me. Of course, if I have been living how I should, this experience should change nothing.

I was at Our Lady of Grace for All Saints Day this year. Fr. Kirby (I am certainly going to paraphrase so don't think I am quoting - only giving my impression of what I heard.) talked about how strange this place Earth becomes to us as we get older, AND that we start to realize as we get older that we start to know more people "upstairs" than are left here with us on Earth. Something good to think about. This isn't our home. 

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: