Sunday, December 18, 2022

Here I am

We have a new litter of pigs due any day now - but I won't see them born. I won't be home for Christmas, but with any luck I will be home for the feast of St. Thomas Becket (12/29).

So unexpectedly, I find my heart is broken - the real one, not the core of my being one. 

I am sure open-heart surgery is worse than sitting in a hospital for several days (while feeling fine), but whether it is or isn't I will be finding in out in a few days.

I could complain about the hospital (regulations, food, johnnies) but then I wouldn't get any "offering up" credit would I? Probably just lost the credit with the last sentence.

The unexpectedness of it all is really what gets me. I am a pretty darn active guy. I might not be the best diabetic, but I exercise and am really active. This past year I have maintained my lowest weight in over 20 years. But it is the first one which probably was my downfall - not a good diabetic. I like my old-fashioned doughnuts! 

I believe I will be seeing a priest today or tomorrow to take care of any outstanding matters - so not to worry there.

Oremus pro invicem!


No comments: