Friday, October 09, 2015

Why?

-have I been posting so much more than normal this last week?

Mrs. Curley and daughter went to Florida over a week ago for a surprise birthday party for Mrs. Curley's Grandmother. Due to the road and bridge closures in SC they decided to stay a few extra days.

With a little more time on my hands, I have put a small portion of it to posting here. But it all ends (thankfully!!!!) today. They are due home this afternoon.

I do enjoy cooking (this week we had picnic shoulder-slow cooked of course, fried chicken, fried okra, garlic sausage casserole, and many others) however, I enjoy it more when I am not doing it!

 I miss our morning coffee conversations which are a regular feature and one of the highlights of every day.

So things will be back to normal very soon. I like normal!

*******************
 
 
Without weighing in on the "Benedict Option", I read this today:
 
Overheard today by me in one of those conversations:
 
“So many of the families in our church just want their kids to be happy and successful.”
 
Well, doesn’t every parent? Yes. But that’s not the point here. In context, the speaker meant that      this is their telos, that they want nothing more for their kids than that they be happy and successful, and that the mothers and fathers are not prepared to hear anything contrary to this gospel of worldly success.(emphasis in original)

  --
For many that I have known over the years this "happiness" has to do with worldly happiness and financial security. This is a reason for the shortage of men and women responding to their religious vocations (imo).
 
 
Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: