Thursday, October 08, 2015

Domesticated life

I was trying to relax my class before the big test yesterday, so I told them I was in a happy frame of mind: I was a new "father". "My son called as I was walking in the building and told me our sow had piglets!" It got a great laugh (I don't know if it helped them on the test!)

Well, here they are:






While I am at it, here are the turkeys we are raising. They are "Rio Grande" turkeys - although they come from a line which has been domesticated for over 20 years.



Finally, does this man ever write anything not worth reading? Anthony Esolen again.

Oremus pro invicem!

3 comments:

TS said...

So did you guys get hammered by the rain and flooding?

Jim Curley said...

We had lots of rain, but no flooding. All the pictures come from about 35 - 55 miles from here. Our county has some issue, but again, all on other sides of the county. We were lucky, but no real rivers or ponds close enough to affect us.

Lori went to Florida with one of the girls last week to celebrate her Grandmother's 90th birthday and hasn't been able to get home! But I think the roads are clear enough tomorrow and she will give it a try.

All blessed here. Hope you all are doing well.

Jim

TS said...

Good to hear. Saw a map of rain totals in SC and it looked awfully close though I couldn't tell how close. May Lori have safe travels!