Monday, September 22, 2014

From a letter

This is from a letter I received today:

You all remain in my prayers always. I like to think that every time we receive the Eucharist, there is something like a lifeline connecting all Catholics together; almost like looking at the same stars at night. You are far away from each other, but somehow by such a seemingly simple act, you suddenly traverse distance. It actually goes deeper than that, though. Just as the stars we see are the same as the ones gazed upon by the pagan Romans, the Eucharist is the same has been received by Christians for over 2000 years. Thus we mystically traverse both distance AND time, the two barriers to fallen man.  

 
I was waiting for an overdue paycheck in the mail-but received this treasure instead.
 
Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like poetry to my eyes and heart.