Thursday, December 27, 2007

Taking it easy

Merry Christmas!


I am taking it easy for a couple days. Tomorrow I go back to work for at least a day or two before breaking for the feast of Our Lady.


Christmas here was peaceful and fun. Friends have visited and we have just really been enjoying ourselves.


A couple notes: I received two books for Christmas: Joseph Pearce's Small is Still Beauful (economies as if families mattered) and Swords Around the Crost (the nine years war) by Dr. Timothy T. O'Donnell. I have wanted to read the latter for many years-but never had a copy. The former came out in 2006 and looks interesting. I am looking forward to both, but must finish Great Expectations and Spe Salvi first (okay, I am cheating an already started "Small").


***************************





I have to go to court to defend myself against a speeding ticket this evening. I will probably report on it here tomorrow. I have to leave early to make some measurements before appearing in court. I should have requested a jury trial-but had to make my request in writing before today. The timing was bad. The ticket came on December 12th, and between then and Christmas I was out of town for a week and then the final of preparation before Christmas took priority. I'll tell the whole story-with the final outcome after my evening court date.


Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: