Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Here we are. I am sure my last post for a few days. The projects in the workshop are either finished, or are in the very final stages of completion. The tree is finally fully decorated-and boy it does look good. Mrs. Curley and the kids have outdone themselves in decorating the house. I have never seen it so festive.

Today's schedule is pretty full, but doable.

I will be in my office wrapping presents while listening to 78 rpm records on my 'picnic' phonograph, as has become somewhat of a tradition. I will slip down to the workshop a couple times to put a last coat on my projects. There is a quick run to the post office and a longer quick run to the grocery store for some last minute items in works for either Mrs. Curley or myself.

I believe there will be baking going on in the kitchen most of the day.

Sometime this afternoon we will have the (for want of a better name) family forgiveness. Usually we do this earlier in Advent, but time has crept up on us.

I need to give a couple of the boys haircuts, and then we will go Christmas carolling at the store downtown Bethune. We will come home to cookies and hot chocolate-and then bed for the kids.

If the wrapping is not done, Mrs. Curley and I will finish it up. If it is done, I may sit down and have an early Guinness-which is what I am sure the angels do when they finish singing on Christmas Eve.

May all of you find the peace the Christ-child brings in your heart! Merry Christmas!

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: