Friday, November 09, 2007

In Memoriam


Today is the 8th anniversary of my father's passing from this world to the next. He was a good man and a good father. It is ironic, because his own father died when he was an infant. Yet he seem to have an instinct for fatherhood.

My Dad didn't marry my Mom until he was 37, but then together, they had 12 children.


In the book of Sirach, I believe, it says that a father's actions and examples affect 3 generations or more. Thus it is safe to say that my Dad (along with my Mom-they were definitely a team) is responsible for the faith of my children. It is the greatest gift they gave me.


DEUS, qui nos patrem et matrem honorare praecepisti: miserere clementer animae patris mei eiusque peccata dimitte : meque eum in aeternae claritatis gaudio fac videre. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.



[O God, who hast commanded us to honor our father and mother: in Thy mercy have pity on the soul of my father and forgive him his trespasses; and make me to see him again in the joy of everlasting brightness. Amen.]



**************


Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescant in pace. Amen. — Eternal rest grant to them O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: