Friday, November 09, 2007

Boxes



Last week and before I detailed my progress on a rosary box I was making as a gift. I am quite proud of it (at the same time trying to remember that our successes are God's and our failures our own). It may be the best box I have ever made. So here are some pictures. (Unfortunately, I am better at making boxes than at taking pictures.)





The top and keys are cherry. The sides are maple. A miraculous medal is inset into the the front of the box, and a Franciscan crucifix is inset into the top.


Then there is a picture of me working on the box. I was clearing out the mortises for the hinges with number 2 son looking on, when our new kitten decided to take her resting place on my shoulders. She sat there until I got up.




Final picture is the music/trinket box I made for my daughter last Christmas. The wood is poplar with the "T" inlaid (and the keys) in Philippine mahogany.



So, there you go.


Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: