Thursday, November 08, 2007

Another deer

I hit a deer last night on the way home from CCD. I was on my street about 5 or 6 miles from home. There are no street lights, but the road is 55 mph. When I spotted them, two deer were about 80% and 90% across the street. The third deer hadn't started to cross yet.

I slowed as quickly as I could, but the 3rd deer was determined to get across even through my car. It ran into my front quarter just behind the headlight and then we hit it or ran over part of it towards the back end.

After stopping and acertaining everyone was okay (one son bumped his head on the window) we turned around to look for the deer. There was a pool of blood, but no deer either in the road or on the side. Maybe it went into the woods to die.

There is some damage. I don't know how major the damage is yet, but later today I will get underneath and see. The front driver's wheel is extremely close to the wheel well and I hear a clinking when I drive it. Plus the front quarter and driver's door is dented.

Thanks be to God everyone is okay!

As you may recall, Mrs. Curley hit a deer 3 years ago. That one totaled our mini-van (at least temporarily). Last night I was driving a mini-van. Maybe they are deer magnets.

No comments: