Friday, September 07, 2007

Good books

When I read a book with ideas that I find good and suitable-I really take it to heart and try to implement those ideas in my (or my family's) life. Sometimes everything is not possible, but I do the best I can.


At times what I read scares me, because I know how good it is, but also how hard it will be to carry out. (I guess the Gospel can be like this.)



I am reading an unpublished manuscript now which is one of those books. I can't say anything about it-and it is killing me not to quote from it-because I don't have it under contract yet.

*********************

Speaking of books, our schedule to 2007-2008 is really coming together. We have an exciting mix of new books and reprints coming. Don't fret, as soon as I can I will let y'all know what's in the works.

******************************

It is First Friday! For a year I have missed the monthly breakfast gatherings after First Friday Mass at St. Catherine's. I am looking forward to this morning. I have some other things to do afterwards, so I may be scarce today. Have a great day!

(If you need something to read, you might try Russell Shaw's latest on Catholic Exchange..)


Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: