Friday, September 07, 2007

Gardening and Peace

Yesterday I tilled another section of the fall garden. I ran out of time and didn't put the manure and the peat in. I guess that will wait for the weekend.

But I did plant turnips and turnip greens in the last section I prepared. I am not too partial to either, but they should grow well here, and we have room to grow them. The greens have a root that may not be too suitable for human consumption, but the chickens may like it.

We are going to plant broccoli, but the packets say to start them indoors. We should have done this a few weeks ago. But we'll go ahead now with it. We have a long growing season here.

********************

I have enjoyed working and planting the garden these days in the afternoons after a full days' work in my office. For some reason I have a great peace and happiness right now. This does not seem quite right. There are storms swirling around our family at various levels these recent weeks, so I should not have this personal peace at this time. I can only accept this as a gift from God-maybe because He knows that I would not be able to take the stress of it all otherwise. Whatever the reason, I am grateful.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: