Monday, August 13, 2007

Some memories ...

My sister spent the summer going through photos and other things with my Mom. I received the first fruits of their efforts today. In the mail today was a box of some hundred or so photos-spanning the early-60's to the present. Over the next decade I will share some of them on Bethune Catholic-even though they are only of personal interest.

The first is me (at 2) with my Grandfather. It is such a good picture of both of us (I've gone downhill since then), that I couldn't resist posting it.

The second picture is of Fr. Al with my younger brother. Fr. Al was the pastor of a small Lithuanian parish in my town. Even though we were Irish, we started going to the English Mass there when I was in Junior High (maybe a few years earlier-and probably to escape the craziness elsewhere). Fr. Al was a great priest. I served Mass for with him almost every Sunday for several years. St. George's Parish was the site of two of my sister's weddings (receptions in the basement) and my Dad's funeral. It was swept away with the other church closings in the Boston diocese in the past few years. I believe Fr. Al died a few years ago. I hadn't seen him in more than a decade (he was no longer at St. George's for all those family gatherings.) May his soul rest in peace.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: