Monday, March 13, 2006

New Things

If you scroll down below the archives in the sidebar you can see that I am now providing links to buy books via Amazon.com. Many of the books are favorites of mine. Most have to do with history-although there are a couple on marriage and theology in there-as well as the writings of Saint Thomas More and a couple on the Shroud of Turin.

I have also included two books by my youngest sister (she just had her 5th child and her husband teaches Theology at a Catholic high school, so she could use the sales).

Finally, I have included two recent releases which have been the subject of much discussion around st. blogs and even on this blog occasionally. These two are at the very bottom. I haven't read them, but think they are probably worth reading even if only as a discussion point (Crunchy Cons and the new book on Opus Dei by John Allen).

Several of the books are great Lenten reads: "He Leadeth Me" , "A Doctor at Calvary" and "The Sadness of Christ"(St. Thomas More). A couple are great books on marriage (you can figure those out for yourself.) I will try to add some fiction eventually.

If you are in the market for some good books, I can highly recommend all of these-excepting those two stated above which I haven't read.

Of course the idea is to find another way to fill the Curley coffers. So if you are inclined...

Of course some Requiem Press books are also available at Amazon-but you can get all of them here .

And, if you don't mind, I will periodically remind my gentle readers of the book links below. Oh yes, if you would like me to comment on any particular book below you are considering, leave a comment anytime and I will surely oblige.

No comments: