Monday, April 11, 2005

This weekend

I was in Harrisburg, PA this weekend for a homeschool conference/curriculum fair - trying to sell some books. Gave away lots of catalogs and sold a few books. The highlights of the trip however were getting to visit with my daughter; (She is a sophomore at Christendom College and she accompanied me on my bookselling trip, as did my oldest son.) and staying overnight with my sister's family. The have 3 girls and boy. [My sister is the author of "Your Labor of Love" - Tan Books; her husband teaches Theology at a Catholic High School. Both are Christendom College graduates.]

It is heartening to see a chapel with some 20%+ of the student body attending a daily Mass (Friday) - especially considering there was a 2nd Mass that day AND that classes had been cancelled for the day because of Pope John Paul's funeral. Although the college has been told they are not allowed to use the Communion Rail in the chapel, almost all of the students kneel for Holy Communion. They are doing something right at this school.

Have been away from the 'office' for several days, so I may be scarce for a few days.

From the small holding in Bethune...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: