Tuesday, April 05, 2005

News!

We have a few new books (for sale) up on the website. Please buy some, my family is hungry!

Two true stories today to lighten the mood:

1. Went to Mass on the Feast of the Annunication. Our priest had a book with him during the homily. (I don't know the name.) Here is how he started: "This book about saints and feasts has some very interesting information in it. Of course we are celebrating the Annunciation today, but usually it is on March 25th. This book says that besides the Annuciation taking place on March 25th, Christ died on March 25th; John the Baptist was beheaded on March 25th; and Adam and Eve were created on March 25th." He pauses, and then looks up: "Now how the hell do they know that?"

2. A few years ago during my Saturday morning errands, I used to always stop at a thrift shop to see if they had any records (you know, phonographs?). One son in particular used to always come with me. Well one year he was determined to buy a purple dress he had seen in this thrift shop for Mrs. Curley's birthday. (It was only $1.50). Well he got it. Turns out Mrs. Curley wore it once, but in reality it was a size or two too small. My son, occasionally asks if it "fits yet". Well this year for Mrs. Curley's birthday, this son made her a couple of scarves/bandannas for her to wear in the garden. He told her, "I was going to make you a purple one to match your purple dress; but I figured I would wait until you lost some weight and could fit into it again." I couldn't stay in the room.....................

From the small holding in Bethune ...

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: