Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Well, the bounty from the garden continues. Usually, I get some projects done while Mrs. Curley is away, but there is soooo much produce to put up I haven't had much time to start anything. Some things are starting to slow down. We have picked most of the spaghetti squash. The green beans are slowing down as are the tomatoes and cherry tomatoes. But not the cucumbers. We are picking an average of 30 a day plus the ones I missed from the day before which are only good for the pigs.

We did cut some wood today and Monday and split and stacked it. It is a little late in the season for doing it, but I want to make double sure we have enough for the coming winter.

While Mrs. Curley has been away, in the evenings I have been trying my hand to finish a book about our life here I started a few years ago. I have 24,000 words and think I am just about 'done', whether it is finished or not. I have some organizing to do and must figure out a decent way to close it out. Other than that, I don't think I have much more to say. 

We have a litter of pigs for sale. About half are gone. Usually it takes only 24-36 hours after advertising to sell them all. But the days have been so scorching hot, that I figure folks don't want to spend the time making a pen in this heat. 

From the small holding in Bethune ....

Oremus pro invicem!


No comments: