Friday, February 11, 2022

Pigs, pigs, pigs

 Mrs. Curley and I processed a hog this week - not too big - maybe 200 pounds. We think that this is the first time Mrs. Curley participated actively. She sawed the pig in half after evisceration and butchered with me on Thursday morning.

Red is ready to bust! I would be very surprised if we didnt' wake up to a litter in the morning. This will be her 3rd litter. She has been a good mother.



And, here are 4 really good looking girls from our litter born 3 weeks ago or so. 


Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Jim Dorchak said...

Hello Jim and Lori.
Have you improved your bacon making skills? The bacon here in Chile is miserable and Lori and I have been working on getting our cure correct. I am hoping that you all have had a better result that we have had. Our problem is that we do not always raise our own pigs and we purchase some bellies and they are often thin. Just curious if you have any secrets on bacon? Thanks. Jim