Saturday, July 21, 2018

Diapers

I may have alluded to the fact that we have had a special young man living with us for the past 2+ years. It may become permanent sometime in the next - who knows how long when government agencies and courts are involved? - but we are looking forward to it.

In the meantime, Mrs. Curley and I are expecting our first grandchild in September - in Wyoming - go figure. 

I don't feel old except when I get up (out of bed, out of the car, out of the couch) or when I climb over things. In both cases, I creak. Once I am up, I am fine. Not that being a grandfather means you are old....

So this week we took on a 3 week old and her 2 year old brother. 2 in diapers! at our age! Maybe we are going through a mid-life crisis - trying to prove we can still do it. Just now I changed the poopy infant, the poopy 2 year-old, and then the poopy infant again. During this second change she peed all over the place. Not complaining. These are gifts.

I asked Mrs. Curley this morning how long she could do what she did last night - up every three hours up for feeding/changing, etc.  She just looked at me.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: