Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Retreat

So I went on a 3-day Opus Dei silent retreat in GA this past weekend. My first silent retreat in some 14 years and my first Opus Dei retreat in probably 36 years.

It was very needed and inspiring. I am hoping I can keep my resolutions and there will be some fruits.

But to the humor .....

My roommate was a young guy. The 2nd day of the retreat he came up to me and whispered: "I forgot to bring shampoo. Would you have any?"

Now, I don't often post hatless pictures of myself, but generally the sides of my head are either shaved or very closely cropped to match my very bald skull.

I looked at this young man and tried very hard not to smile too hard and just shook my head, no.

The funniest part of it all was that I had forgotten to bring a bar of soap. I was using my shaving cream for soap in the shower. I told him of my own forgetfulness and mentioned he was free to borrow my shaving cream! (He declined.)

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: