Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Mrs. Curley and I went to a rare movie the other night. Even more rare, the movie we wanted to see was only showing in 3D. However, we bought the tickets and enjoyed the show (more on that later.) I thought they were undercharging based on the board, but didn't mention it. However, the kids looked at the movie stub as it was going in the waste when we got home and noticed we were given the Senior discount. I really don't mind saving money, the kids thought it hilarious. The box office didn't ask us, so I have no guilt.
 
The movie, The Finest Hours, was based on a 1952 Coast Guard rescue off the coast of New England. It was done well; suspenseful and entertaining. It wasn't the best movie I ever saw, and would have rather seen it at the $2.50 theater in Hartsville, but we had a good time and ate a lot of popcorn (only REAL reason to go to a movie in the theater!)
 
As far as the 3D went, I don't think any experience was enhanced by having it in 3D- just a pain to wear glasses over glasses.

This is it, as Lent is just around the corner.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: