Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Truth and Reality - GONE!


At the heart of liberty is the right to define one’s own concept of existence, of meaning, of the universe, and of the mystery of human life.” Justice Anthony Kennedy (Casey decision – also quoted in Lawrence decision, and certainly alluded to in the DOMA decision)
What is Truth?” – Pontius Pilot

The new standard of Justice Kennedy is the old standard of Pontius Pilot, who, if you recall, crucified our Lord!
This is why we are now to call men who think they are women, women? same-sex couples who think they are married, married? white people who think they are African American, black? people who can’t decide what they are, they, or zir, or hir, or non-binary or …..?
If I think I am President of the United States, do I get to be the President? (And do other people have to accept my concept of my own reality?)
If I think I am the husband of the woman down the street, do I get to be her husband? (ditto here.) Note to wife: I have no desire to be anyone’s husband but yours!
If I identify myself as a horse, does that make me a horse, and does it require others to treat me like a horse? (Do I really want to be treated like a horse?)
Where is mankind (er, humankind, er they-kind) heading? Can’t everyone see this is just so much nonsense? A child (before the re-education that is now taking place) would certainly see this as nonsense.
Wikipedia (that standard of all fact!) gives the definition of gender identity as: a person's private sense and subjective experience of their own gender. This is generally described as one's private sense of being a man or a woman, consisting primarily of the acceptance of membership into a category of people: male or female.
What????
One dictionary defines identity as: the fact of being who or what a person or thing is.
Another defines identity as: a) sameness of essential or generic character in different instances. b) sameness in all that constitutes the objective reality of a thing.
Get that: “the objective reality of a thing. – not someone’s own perspective of a thing.
Of course, standby for a change in definitions based upon the new reality of no reality.
Am I forseeing a time that the only fact or reality will be the prison cell for those who actually reject the nonsense and hold on to truth?

Oremus pro invicem! (Really!)

3 comments:

TS said...

True, so true. I tweeted yesterday that Bruce Jenner's a woman, head of NAACP is white, and inside I'm really an NBA star.

Jim Dorchak said...

Jim......... we do not have these problems here in Chile. Chileans think that Americans (the US) are mentally ill. I thank God my family and I are no longer living in the former USA (except for my 2 oldest ones who I pray for daily).

On the humor side: Wouldn't it be neat if the guy in the white house thought he was president?

Jim Curley said...

TS-How timely of me then. Hey maybe all these folks have been smoking legal marijuana! That would explain everything!