Friday, November 14, 2014

Crowders Mountain, NC

Matthew, Thomas, and I just got back tonight from an excursion to Crowder's Mountain State Park in NC. We had last been there in April 2007 (see the report here ).

I should have read about our previous trip before heading out yesterday. The firewood at the park was still unseasoned and hard to burn, and once again we forgot salt.


It was a great trip. We hiked into the campground (about 1 mile from the park office) around 4:00 PM. We cooked some pork plate steaks wrapped in aluminum foil on the coals, rounding the meal out with brown beans.

This morning we took the 2 mile hike to the King's Pinnacle. It was strenuous for this old man who is out of shape! I note though that the hike took the same amount time as it did 7 years ago (when I also complained I was out of shape.)

It is good to home and warm (It rained most of the night and was very cold this morning.)

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: