Friday, November 15, 2013

Son Matthew has caught some little bug this week so I have been doing some milking. Milking the cow is really something you either want to do every day or not at all because you use muscles not ordinarily employed in normal activity.

This morning at the end of the milking, I was putting the cover on the milk pail, but the pail was still under Mabel's udder. The cover (sort of like a plastic shower cap) must of crinkled and scared Mabel. (Matthew tells me he moves the bucket out from under her before he covers it.)

Well, Mabel moved one hoof into the milk pail and the other onto my ankle, pinning it sideways on the ground.

I thought it was broken. (This is an ankle which has been broken to various degrees twice before.) After keeping it up for a couple hours and alternating hot and cold, I am not sure if it is broken after all, but I can't really put any weight on it.

On the bright side, I do love carrying a cane. I guess being laid up, I will have to do some more writing ...

Oremus pro invicem!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes and I guess now you could "Lather Her with your Shalaley" (not sure how to spell it).

Jim Dorchak