Monday, October 28, 2013

Recipes

So while Mrs. Curley and the girls are having fun in the sun in Florida, I heard from Nick at Wyoming Catholic and he informs me that it is snowing; they expect 30 inches!
 
Mrs. Curley didn't leave me any food to simply "heat up" for suppers while she was gone, so we were on our own. I decided to empty the freezer of some foods Mrs. Curley wasn't too keen on using. So here are some of the things we've been having:
 
Thursday Supper: macaroni and cheese with spinach greens and pork sausage mixed in. This particular sausage was my own recipe and I inadvertently added too much salt. So while not so good eaten by itself, it is an excellent choice mixed with pasta.
 
Friday Supper: Meatless, so Dad's "famous" tunafish salad. Tuna fish mixed with chopped hard-boiled egg, mayo, and poultry seasoning-served cold. Green beans (served hot) on the side.
 
Saturday Supper: breaded, chopped and fried boar "fries" (for want of a better term), mixed with rotini, cheese, and milk. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Baked okra on the side. (Probably the best supper of the week.)
 
Sunday- had a heavy meal at a friends house in the afternoon, so we simply snacked at supper time.
 
Monday Supper: duck meat (boiled off a baked whole duck from sometime in the past) mixed with rice, leftover green beans, leftover baked okra, and parmesan cheese. Add a cup of milk, top with saltine crackers and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
 
I am not sure what is in store for tomorrow. More foraging in the deep freeze and I am sure I will come up with something!

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: