Friday, May 14, 2010

Lots been going on these weeks. Often I remark, "I'll have to post about this ....", but these days things are just hopping. I don't get much computer time-which I think may be a blessing. So a quick update; in the last three weeks:

We've had 2 sows farrow (12 each) and one due to farrow on Monday;

Our dark Cornish flock is on the front yard in chicken tractors eating and fertilizing;

We had our annual square dance this past weekend-loads of fun!;

We're just about finished with our broccoli-next year we'll plant more, same for the Romaine lettuce;

Peas are almost ready to harvest;
corn is up and looking good, as are the zucchini, watermelon, beans, etc.;
we have a bit more to plant and we desperately need RAIN!;

We picked up an Ossabaw Island boar and two gilts to start a new Ossabaw herd;

I also picked up a Berkshire gilt this week to complete our regular herd; she'll be ready to breed in a few months.

I am sure I've missed something significant, but must go. We have Turkey chicks and more dark Cornish day-olds coming in next week, and I have to get ready for them.

Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful life you all live! It's always a pleasure to read. I hope you will do one post daily when you can.

Steve