Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Scarcity due to long working hours .... Cut my first piglets yesterday. Not my favorite job, but I got the hang of it after a doing a few. Now to sell some....

Great celebration on Saturday. We had Guinness in the house after a long respite. More importantly some friends from out of town stopped by for a too brief visit on their way through SC (bearing the Guinness). I am sure Bethune was not on the original path, but we are grateful they stopped by to see the sights.

On tap: more fence building (for cows, pigs, and goats); I have to till in the peas and get my butter (lima) beans in this week; new portable pen for the turkeys (still have 12 surviving), and the general odd tasks.

Have another attempt at bacon going on (only one of about 8 batches has turned to my liking). Speaking of bacon, got to earn some.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: