Thursday, November 13, 2008

Traditional Feast of St. Stanislaus Kostka

and the anniversary of Stanley R Curley's (my Dad) burial. This is an expected post for long-time readers-usually I comment on the mystery of having an Irish father named after a Polish saint. But I won't mention it this year.

I remember distinctly the final hymn at Dad's funeral: Holy God we Praise Thy Name-Te Deum in thanksgiving for a life well-lived and thanksgiving for a father who truly reflected God's fatherhood in our lives. My tears that day were the realization of how much I have been given yet how much is still wanting in what I give.


So today, I say: "Thanks God for a wonderful father" and "Thanks Dad for being faithful to God's will!"


May his soul rest in peace.
Oremus pro invicem!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim

It looks like your dad is about to say to your mom:

"Honey will you quit with that camera the boy will not sit still"

Jim Dorchak

Jim Curley said...

Could be! (By the way, I'll try to call you this week.-Jim)

Rachel said...

Prayers for your family and your father's soul today, Mr C...

Jim Curley said...

Rachel .... Thanks and God bless you!