Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yesterday, as I was on the road working, I stopped in at the local Catholic Church around noon time to make a visit. The church was empty, but as I knelt in front of our Lord in the tabernacle, I heard someone come in the church. When I finished my visit and turned I saw my best friend kneeling in a pew, and it occurred to me how blessed I was to have a best friend who makes visits to the Blessed Sacrament on his lunch hour.

*************************

In the comments below about the idea of a Catholic trade school/tech college a mention is made of John C. Campbell Folk School. For the most part, these aren't the trades I had in mind, but wow! how I love to take some of their courses. Even more, I'd like to be able to teach some of them, but alas I am jack of some trades and master of fewer.

**********************

I think I have spent enough time and energy on billion dollar bailouts, so don't expect to hear too much more from me on it. I know, promises, promises.

******************

For years every time I saw my father-in-law I asked about the dowry I never received. One year while visiting he left a chainsaw and garden tiller here for me with the admonishment that he didn't want to hear anything more about a dowry! Fair enough. Both have seen some good use here, but each has been more and more iffy, if depending on them.

I have borrowed an old (real old) rear tine 17 HP Craftsman (Briggs & Stratton) tiller. I had borrowed it the first year here in Bethune and loved it so much that I almost tilled our entire property. Well, I have it again for a week. Watch out ground!

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: