Friday, September 05, 2008


Oh, and by the way, for all you spammers out there: I don't want a replica watch, I want a real watch.

Maybe they're back .... the eggs that is. We got 7 from the Golden Buff Orpingtons yesterday, still none from the Plymouth Barred Rocks.

After reading some of the commentary about Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night, I wish I could seen it. I would have liked to hear some of those lines I have read about, actually delivered.

I planted 15 rows of turnips, some kale, beets, radish, carrots, and collards yesterday. Still more to do, but a good start.

Getting ready for Hanna. More and more it looks like we won't get too much except rain, but if Ike continues to come our way I need to take some dead trees down before he gets here. We are battening down the hatches in any event.

First Friday today. That means Mass and breakfast with friends.

Oremus pro invicem!

2 comments:

TS said...

I'm sure most of those lines are on YouTube.

Jim Curley said...

That's what I did this afternoon at your suggestion. Two impressions:

1. I can see why she is the new "rock star": young, natural, connects well, sincere, and has this thing.

2. John McCain looked ooooold when he walked on stage to join Gov Palin. Didn't see his speech last night (and I heard it was good), but he looked (moved) on that tape.