Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A couple notes



Here is what my daughters got me for my wedding anniversary (the picture-not the mug: they figured I had enough mugs already).

Gave "Fred" another injection this morning with no other incidents-whew!

I haven't had much to say (or rather time) on the political scene. While I am happier with the Palin selection for VP than some other possibilities, the more I think about it, the more I realize there are no good options. One thing is clear, the Bush administration put in place programs and policies which will facilitate the coming of an oppressive (totalitarian) regime all in the name of 9/11 and suppressing terrorism (in a few years it may be other things that "need" suppressing and all the tools will have been put in place by a "conservative" president.)

While I may be obligated to vote for McCain (a good friend and Catholic philosopher tells me so) due to the absolute disregard for human life that Obama has, I am very discouraged by the prospect of voting for someone whom I believe is very bad for this country. Neither choice seems acceptable.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: