Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Whew! Got the fuel pump changed on Saturday but it turns out there was more to it. It seems some wires were resting on the exhaust manifold and burned through and shorted out. I was looking for something like that (I was also checking sensors on the fuse that kept blowing.) Number one son actually found it-he was invaluable in the whole project.

****************

Getting ready to slaughter another pig this week. If you recall from my post on the last slaughter, we used the book: Home Butchering and Meat Preservation by Geeta Dardick for guidance. It is the best book on the subject and covers poultry, goats, pigs, and even cattle. The copy we used was from the library, but purchased a used copy online (it is out of print). It arrived last week.

Interestingly enough, the author commented on this blog about her book on the pig slaughter post:

I am so glad you found my book, Home Butchering and Meat Preservation, so useful. It is 20 years since my husband Sam and I wrote and illustrated that book, and the good news is that it is still in print in Australia and New Zealand; however, it is out of print in the USA, but there are lots of copies on the net. I like to say that it is the only "high consciousness" butchering book ever written.

Off to the city-have a great day! ---- Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: