Friday, July 11, 2008

Chesterton it is! but first ...

But first, Mrs. Curley felt slighted she wasn't on my list of preview posts. So here I will oblige her briefly.

Two days ago she drove the boys back in the fields to pick the remaining corn not for the market. On her way home I got a call: "I'm stuck."


Me: How are you stuck?
Her: I'm just stuck that's all. Are you going to come and get me?
Me: How are you stuck?
Her: I'm just stuck; come up here.
Me: Where are you?
Her: I don't know! Connor will tell how to get here.

Now this isn't the first time I have got a call to rescue our stuck 1987 S10 Pick-up. Usually the boys persuade her to take a short-cut on a dirt road, and Mrs. Curley gets stuck in the sand. So this is what I prepared for. But this time it was different.

The S10 is VERY low to the ground. She got the undercarriage of the truck stuck on a hump of earth! Of course I wasn't prepared for this (and she didn't tell me on the phone.)

We walked the mile or so back there with the wrong tools and then had to send one son back for a tire iron (for some reason the truck's was in the van's. Go figure.)

We then jacked it up off the hump and than rolled it off the jack (and the hump.)

So there you go Mrs. Curley, your 15 minutes of fame!

Chesterton will have to wait til later.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: