Thursday, May 15, 2008

Castrated my first goat yesterday. We tried luring the little billy with food, but he was too skittish. (Animals have a sense when something is up.) So we gave up trickery and finally just cornered him with ma and nannie and grabbed him. We used the elasticator band method.

********************

Was thinking this morning about how often I pray to know God's will for our family. Yet I wonder how often my listening is selective-that is, I am only listening for the answers I want to hear instead of being really open.

Father, in his homily yesterday (or was it Sunday) commented that one of Joan of Arc's questioners (or maybe the Dauphin) asked her how come he didn't have God's messengers talking to him? St. Joan replied, "They do, you just don't bother listening."

Dear Lord, please help me to discern Your will, accept it, and embrace it with joy! Amen.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: