Thursday, March 20, 2008

We finally finished the new pig pen this week. We moved them yesterday-using peanuts. A friend had recommended peanuts-and boy do they work.

The new pen is bigger-almost double the size. This one is made with cow panels as the hog panels never came in. This is fine. We dug a trench and buried about 8 inches of panel to discourage digging out.

This morning I leveled and tilled the old pig pen. I am going to plant potatoes there and maybe a couple other things to try. I also tilled the first section of the spring garden this morning. I think spinach (and of course radishes-just so we know we can grow something) will go in there.

Tomorrow I will do some planting-and of course some praying.

Today we have a large and joyous supper in the mid-afternoon to celebrate the institution of the Holy Eucharist. This evening we will go to the Mass of the Last Supper. My four boys are serving along with a couple other boys. I have to get to the Church early to help the sacristan set-up.

I hope you all have a meditative and blessed Triduum and a joyous Easter.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: