Monday, March 10, 2008

I should be writing something serious: about the "campaign", threats to homeschooling, etc., etc. but I just can't get the muse going this morning. I have at least three 1/2 finished posts-unusual for me. One is a comment on the Mass I saw somewhere, one is "First Principles" on the campaign, one is a continuation of "The Ways of God for Fathers". I guess the tank is empty this morning.


*****************

Congratulate me! I have a new niece this morning (or last night) born in snowed-in Ohio.



***********************

Catholic Exchange has a Russell Shaw column up this morning. He is commenting on the "Religion in America" study which came out two weeks ago, and what the bishops should do about it:

Second, instead of continuing to lower the bar for being a Catholic (as we've done for the last several decades), raise it higher by once again emphasizing that to be a Catholic is an immense privilege involving huge obligations and huge payoffs for success.



*************************

Okay, and there is some pure vanity. Just to prove my son can't yet catch me from behind, I post these pics from our Turkey bowl last November. (And no he didn't catch me!)



Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: