Monday, March 03, 2008

The first endorsement ...






Mr. Jeff Culbreath has graciously endorsed my candidacy for president in '012. In fact, he has offered his services as speech writer and given us a sample covering life, marriage, war, immigration, trade, and education. (I may need a director for the West Coast, so we'll see.)


The question, of course, is whether Mr. Culbreath's proposed speech mirrors the views of my campaign....Let's just say for now, that I could vote for him!

I don't want to make a joke of it, but you know, I, and a lot of others are fed up with 2-parties which have have less and less difference between them as time goes on. Both parties are, to varying degrees, utilitarian, that is, they view the individual as a tool. Depending on the party, the tool may be for the economy, for social experimentation, for votes, etc. Both parties are for big centralized governmental control-the difference is just in matters of degree and special interest.

If you read the Anti-Federalist papers, you can see some of their warnings have come to pass. They predicted that a strong central government (arguably needed in 1789) would give more and more power to itself. (For instance, the stronger the central government, the more likely a standing army, the more likely wars.) Of course, a strict return to the Constitution itself would solve most of our political problems.


I feel compelled to layout what I think are general principles for true self-government. Some of these principles are not necessarily applicable only to the representative republic which our Constitution provided for. Thus, I probably won't be too specific. I am not an economist or an expert on international affairs, etc. I doubt anything I say will be new, just saying it again. I will look to experts in their fields to flesh out the proposals to make them work in the framework the Constitution provides.

A warning: I am probably a bit of a radical in some areas.

The platform will probably evolve as people offer their ideas that may be better than mine. I know forums for this type of discussion have been formed in the past-much better forums than this. I hope there is more to come.

(I am also hoping that it may be safe to open up my comment boxes again, which I shall do this week.)


Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: