Monday, February 04, 2008

Picked our last turnips yesterday and most of our last radishes. I will probably get the spinach (which never really got as big as it should have) this week. Then we can get ready to start all over again.

More car trouble this weekend. While we didn't fix the car that broke, we fixed the car that was already broken (a smaller job.) A good excuse to spend the night with friends and once again learn how to diagnose and fix the car. I have my car work cut out for me for the next couple weeks.

I don't watch alot of football-for one thing we don't get any TV reception around here. But I am not the fan I used to be. Although we still play it quite a bit around here, and I enjoy that. Growing up the Patriots were seldom very good. So while I rooted for Steve Grogan and Andy Johnson and Randy Vataha (sp?) and Jim Nance, and Sam the Bam Cunningham, and Jim Plunkett, they weren't in a whole lot of big games. Thus I rooted for the Pats all season long and then during the playoffs I my other favorite team(s) to root for.

In New England, the NY Giants has a pretty big following because of their proximity. I liked the Giants myself.

Of course in recent years, the Pats have been more successful and put on the Hollywood look-ditching the ugly but inspiring Patriot Pat on the helmet. I also haven't lived in New England for 13 years. Some of my boys are loyal to the Carolina Panthers. My loyalty is really to the "Pat the Patriot team", and I like underdogs and hate blowouts.

So, as we found ourselves at a friend's house last night watching the game, I found myself rooting for the NY Giants last night-never thinking they would really pull it off. (I won't admit any of this to my brother-so don't tell him.)

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: