Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hoarding

This morning from Ephesians (the Knox Bible):

See then, brethren, how carefully you have to tread, not as fools, but as wise men do, hoarding the opportunity that is given you, in evil times like these. No, you cannot afford to be reckless; you must grasp what the Lord's will is for you. Ephesians 5:15-17

There is an urgency in this preaching. Sometimes I need to be reminded of this urgency. We have limited time-we must use it well. I heard that Fr. John Harden SJ (may his soul rest in peace) made a resolution to waste not a minute. How hard that would be, eh!

There are so many things we put off-but seldom things concerning our own comfort. I will start my prayer life tomorrow!-seems often to be the battle cry. How pitiful!

May God have mercy on me, a poor sinner.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: