Monday, February 18, 2008

2 more eggs Saturday and 2 more on Sunday.

I literally will be bringing home the bacon today: we get our pigs! It is raining this morning, but it should be done by noon. I am hoping for a dry trip.

I have had a little chance to look at my borrowed copy of the Knox Bible. Since it is said that his translations of St. Paul's epistles are especially enlightening, I started with Ephesians as I am probably most familiar with this book.

Here's a comparision of Ephesians 6: 4 (with the Douay Rheims version):

And you, fathers, provoke not your children to anger; but bring them up in the discipline and correction of the Lord. (D-R)

You who are fathers, do not rouse your children to resentment; the training, the discipline in which you bring them up must come from the Lord. (Knox)

Not to much different, but you can see Msgr. Knox gives one a little more to think about-for want of better words.

Well, I am off.

Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: