Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yesterday I finally fixed my brake light/turn signal problem on our pick-up truck. (Or at least almost fixed it. One of the turn signals still won't flash, but I know what the problem is.)

Then last night I was out in the yard and heard water dripping. The outside faucet was dripping and wouldn't turn off all the way. The faucet is new (less than a year old) but we must be hard on those washers.

I am well into Small is (still) Beautiful by Joseph Pearce. But, as usual, I am taking a small detour. My oldest son received a (used) copy of The Survivor by Robb White for Christmas. I remember reading and enjoying this book when I was about his age. (Up Periscope was another great Robb White book-made into a movie starring James Garner.) He finished it with rave reviews, and so I decided to read it again. (Maybe this is the year to re-read books of my youth?)

Finally, I leave you with another poem from my 11 year old son:


Blessed Virgin come to me, I long to hear you say;
“wake up, wake up, child dear, it’s time for you to pray”.
And I will say “Hail full of grace”,
At a slow and steady pace.
And Mary will look after me;
In my sorrow and in my glee.

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: