Monday, December 03, 2007

Great Expectations



I have often said that Dicken's Great Expectations is one of my top 5 favorite books. I read twice in junior high, 2-3 times in high school, at least once in college, and at least once in my 20's.

But I haven't read it since then.

So it was with some trepidation that I picked it up again last week. It being almost 20 years since reading my favorite, I wondered: Will I still enjoy it?

I am only about 5 or 6 chapters in, but my fear is gone. I will enjoy it just as much, if not more than all those other times. This is book is like an old friend-we have taken up just where we have left off.

I found my self reading passages to Mrs. Curley aloud-introducing my best friend to an old friend.

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was looking into getting this book but I was just wondering if you know where I can get that copy of it? The one that is in the picture, I've been looking for it but can't seem to find it anywhere!