Tuesday, November 06, 2007

What's going on

This is my new series: instead of "Varia" or "Random Thoughts" as I have used in the past, whenever I am going to slip together some unrelated stuff, I'll use "What's going on" (not as in a question, but as a statement, i.e. [this is] what's going on.)

First, email and my website are still down. Basically they have both been down since Friday. That means no book orders. I wonder what is happening to the hundreds of spam emails that come to me every night and weekend. Will they all get returned as 'undeliverable' or are they waiting in a que somewhere to be delivered? It is frustrating. I am told that all will be back to normal "shortly". Of course I was told that twice yesterday too. Oh well, I have other things to do than than to monitor my email and fill orders.... (But what if there's a book emergency and no email to troubleshoot?????)

Those waiting impatiently for my next installment of "The Ways of God" for fathers-never fear. The next article is coming along and should be up "shortly". I am a little late because of the next item.

My in-laws came on Friday and left last night. We had a good time-lots of laughter. On Sunday night we had a little campfire and sang a couple songs. Saturday was unusual; we went flea-marketing instead of our usual chores. It's getting cold down here at night-but even with visitors we have refrained from turning on the heat yet.

Garden is still looking good. Not all the spinach came up, but a good deal of my second planting did. The carrots are also looking well-but probably won't be ready for Thanksgiving-which was our original hope as the first planting was a failure. Our tomato plants finally died with the frost the other night.

It is about time to thin the chickens and fill the freezer. Mrs. Curley, who always buys several turkeys at the good sales prices in the week running up to Thanksgiving, is afraid that she won't have room for both turkeys and chickens in the freezer. We'll see.

Be back later. Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: