Friday, October 26, 2007

Rain

and more rain. Yesterday we had steady rain broken by a few periods of nothing. It was raining when I went to bed-it may still be raining now. Steady rain-the best kind.

I took a look at the garden on my way to the mailbox yesterday. It is looking good. Besides a bumper crop of radishes and turnips, a lot of carrots are now up-even a few from the first planting which I had given up on. We will have some spinach-but not much and some broccoli. At this point it is our best fall garden.

I need to finish picking our first radish crop and get some more in the ground. I think radish seeds are all we have left for the fall planting.

Thanks be to God for the rain.

Yesterday was a long day. Spent most of it on my feet cutting and binding. Whew. Another one today-but different. Will be on the road a bit.

Uh oh, I have the next installment of "The Ways of God" almost ready.

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: