Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pretty enterprising

As mentioned here before, Mrs. Curley just returned from Florida. We had booked the flight using Travelocity-my first time. Usually I use Expedia but this was a last minute decision and Expedia wouldn't let me book a flight at 10:50 AM which was leaving at 2:35 PM on the same day. Travelocity would-so they got the business. My point... read on.

Today I get an email from Travelocity asking me how the trip went. And if you send your pictures in and a description of the trip they will put it in book form which you can order and send to friends and relatives. Here's the pitch:

Relive your favorite road trip moments in your own hardcover or softcover travel book - prices start at $12.95. Just download Blurb's free BookSmart™ software for PC or Mac at blurb.com, and drop your best photos and stories right into a book.

Pretty nifty idea. Digital technolgy has made many things possible and affordable.

No comments: