Thursday, October 18, 2007

Notes here and there

Was supposed go fishing today and tomorrow in/off Georgetown with a great friend. This friend, myself and another used to meet every couple weeks for "novena and beer" night. It can't get much better than that. Plans change... maybe we'll do it next week.

Prayer request: Mrs. Curley's grandmother is sick with pneumonia. Mrs. Curley is traveling to her today to help out for a few days til relief arrives. Please pray for Mrs. Curley in her travels, for her grandmother's quick and full recovery, and us here at home-especially that I remember to feed the kids.

In other, less important news...

We got a fig tree this week. It is supposed to (when fully developed) give two crops a year: June and September I think. The first year it is supposed to fruit once. It is so small now we have our doubts about this first year fruiting. We are also excited that we should be getting 3 blueberry bushes this week also.

And how about our fall garden? Well, I think that while we will be eating lots of radishes, turnips, and turnip greens this winter, I also see some broccoli and spinach make their appearances. Not a single carrot in two plantings has appeared. While we have a little spinach coming, it is not nearly what we planted. But it's looking okay. (My sons say that I say, "The garden is sure looking good" too many times a day.) I will picking most of the first radish crop and replanting some more-why mess with success?-over the weekend.

Our Lady of Joyful Hope-pray for us! ... Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: