Thursday, September 13, 2007

A New Treasure



I was lent a copy of a booklet last night that I know I must get a copy of for myself-both for its text and its paintings. It is called: Celebrating 2000 years of Christian History-An exhibit of narrative paintings by Gloria Thomas with historical articles by Warren Carroll, Ph.D.

I am surprised I never heard of the book because I usually keep up-to-date with all things by my favorite Catholic historian Warren Carroll.

You can get the book in 'coffee table' format or booklet form. (This one is the booklet.) It is a project of the St. Martine de Porres Lay Dominican Community in New Hope, KY.

The paintings are marvelous (see below). The commentary by Warren Carroll is brief-1 or 2 pages per century (1 painting per century) but excellent-as always coming from Dr. Carroll.

I need to track down a copy for myself.








Oremus pro invicem!

No comments: