Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Killed a mouse...

at 6:00 am this morning. Mrs. Curley got me up (yes, I was sleeping in due to a couple late nights) and told me that THE mouse was in the middle of the kitchen floor.

A couple days ago, we heard a mouse in the kitchen and have found some tell-tale signs. I put out some poison and a trap baited with peanut butter. (We never had mouse troubles until our cat claimed a few chickens. Now, with no cat, we have mice.)

During the day yesterday, Mrs. Curley had a brush with the mouse, almost stepping on it as it peeked out from under the oven. So getting this guy was a priority.

This mouse seemed unafraid as I approached it with a broom. One swat was all it took. Hopefully he doesn't have a family....

Update: Mrs. Curley offers a correction to the events. The mouse ran across her foot as it went from behind our washer to under the oven.

No comments: